It is the graphic representation of the electrical activity of the heart as a function of time, which it is obtained from the corporal surface, in the chest, with an electrocardiograph in the form of continuous tape and It has a relevant role in the diagnosis of cardiovascular diseases.
The electrocardiogram is very useful in the clinic because of its availability and versatility, as well as by its non-invasive nature. It has relevant importance in the diagnosis of cardiac arrhythmias, conduction disorders and myocardial ischemia.
When should I get an electrocardiogram?
There are many symptoms, both cardiac and non-cardiac, that alter the currents of the heart and that can be diagnosed with an electrocardiogram.
These are cases in which an electrocardiogram is required.
- Chest pain or other symptoms that suggest angina pectoris or a myocardial infarction
- Cardiac arrhythmias suspected
- In the study of other cardiac problems suspected, problems of the heart valves, heart failure.
- In patients with pacemakers, to evaluate the functioning of the device
- In some lung diseases such as lung embolism
- Finally, an electrocardiogram is requested before surgery to evaluate the function of the heart
Es la representación gráfica de la actividad eléctrica del corazón en función del tiempo, que se obtiene, desde la superficie corporal, en el pecho, con un electrocardiógrafo en forma de cinta continua. Tiene una función relevante en el diagnóstico de las enfermedades cardiovasculares.
Schedule your appointment
Same day appointments available